We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented, and ambitious junior textile designer to join our design team.You will be a part of a fast-growing global brand, and a dynamic team powered by ambition, passion for design, and strong business acumen.
You must have a good sense of style and understanding of the LIEWOOD DNA as well as a natural passion for design. You are innovative and proactive in your way of working while being commercial and in tune with our target audience. You are good at keeping deadlines, juggling many tasks at once, keeping a calm overview in a fast-paced environment while showing a high level of adaptability to the priorities during the design process.
You will be working from the LIEWOOD head office in Copenhagen and report to the Design & Product manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Design Manager of Wear and Soft Interior in developing collections, following products from initial concept creation through development and prototype stage and fittings, creating two annual collections including capsules
- Research and inspiration for new collections
- Sourcing of new products and qualities in collaboration with our purchasing team and suppliers
- Develop and prepare complete and accurate illustrator sketches, spec. sheets, technical drawings, detail references, and colour overviews to complete a successful handover
- Insert necessary information and sketches in the PLM system
- Keep design files and systems up to date
- Prepare and make everything ready for internal collection reviews
- Participate in commenting colours, prints, prototypes and update necessary files or systems
- Daily follow-up on running products, samples, requests, etc. with suppliers
- Understand and manage critical calendar dates and successfully handle schedules deadlines
- Various ad-hoc tasks
Does this sound like you?
- Creative, ambitious, and proactive
- Aesthetic and simple in your expression and you have passion for the target audience
- Always up to date on the latest trends, seek inspiration, and are focused on market requirements and developments
- Solution and detail-oriented and have a natural interest in design, fashion, and sustainability
- Collaborative and a team player with a solution-based mindset
- Strong on trends, colours, and understanding of the Liewood DNA
- Experienced user of the Adobe Suite, InDesign and familiar with excel
- A relevant education within design
- Minimum 2-5 years of working experience in fashion or kids
- A good technical knowledge and understanding
- A commercial mindset and product understanding
- Strong communication skills with a hands-on and positive attitude
- Excellent English skills in writing and speaking
LIEWOOD is an international kids' lifestyle brand designing and producing accessories, interior, and selected clothing for babies and children. LIEWOOD products are created with a sustainable mindset - from design and functionality to carefully selected materials such as organic cotton, recycled polyester, wood, and silicone, following the highest quality standards.
LIEWOOD is a dynamic, design-driven, and highly commercial company in rapid growth - founded in 2015 by Anne Marie Lie Norvig with the desire and commitment to create a unique kid's lifestyle brand focusing on functionality, esthetics, and sustainability. LIEWOOD is based in Copenhagen, and our universe is deeply rooted in the Nordic design tradition.
How to Apply
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and qualified candidates will be called in for interviews on an ongoing basis