SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
LIEWOOD is a dynamic, design-driven, and highly commercial company in rapid growth. In the past 5 years LIEWOOD has created a young and successful brand that launches sustainable designs for children in the modern family. We have ambitious plans for LIEWOOD and our customers in Europe, and the rest of the world. Read more about our background, brand, and designs at www.liewood.com
LIEWOOD is looking for a talented, passionate Senior Art Director to join our graphic design team. As Senior Art Director, you will work closely with the Head of Marketing, Head of E-commerce, and Creative Director.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing our entire visual brand identity in all areas where we have a visual presence. This includes our digital channels (e-com & social media), print media, PR, B2B platforms and partners. In collaboration with our marketing and graphic team, one of your core responsibilities will be the development and growth of our visual identity and storytelling on platforms like LIEWOOD.com, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn etc..
Our mission is to bring inspiration, function, and innovation into the everyday lives of modern families. We expect that you can both create content yourself and manage and distribute work in the team. Furthermore, it is expected that you can outsource work when a project requires it. You need to be confident, motivated, and have a desire to help push us forward..
In collaboration with the Head of Marketing and the graphic design team, you will be responsible for translating strategic insights and creative directions into high-quality performances of visual communication and graphic design. Furthermore, in close collaboration with the Creative Director and the team of designers, you must ensure LIEWOOD’s strong brand and visual identity in all touchpoints with customers, both B2B and B2C at the 4 annual collection launches.
- Branding and visual identity
- Facilitation of our creative processes - internally in LIEWOOD and for our customers
- Development of ideas and visual concepts
- Development of content for digital channels
- Concept development in connection with the launch of collections
- Planning and preparation of content for both print and digital in collaboration with the graphic team
- Responsible for the development of sales material, both B2B and B2C
- Responsible for development and updating of packaging design, in collaboration with the design department.
You will lead a team of 4 graphic designers, where collaboration is in focus, in order to achieve the best results for LIEWOOD. Each graphic designer has their own focus areas, and it will be your responsibility to overlook the team’s efforts and ensure coherence in LIEWOOD’s visual expression in close collaboration with the Head of Marketing.
GOALS / KPI’S
- Ensure consistency in LIEWOOD’s graphic identity across communication platforms and through every touchpoint with consumers (B2C) & customers (B2B)
- Take LIEWOOD’s visual identity and communication to the next level.
- Quickly gain a good understanding of LIEWOOD’s culture, values, and objectives
- Measurement and control of the graphic process
- How the team works best together internally and across the organization
- How each employee in the team performs best
Our values are based, among other things, on a strong customer focus, ambition, and agility. It places demands on you as an open, happy, and positive person who is well-liked among colleagues. You function in a busy day, master many simultaneous tasks. We see you as a team player who can structure and coordinate across the organization. You are a doer who completes targets and projects. A curious self-starter with a structured approach will thrive with us..
It is important that your work-life balance can be aligned with the work-pace in LIEWOOD. We have many young employees with families, and their work-pace is high but in a good balance with private and family obligations.
Your base will be at our head office in central Copenhagen. You will refer directly to the Head of Marketing.
WE EXPECT OF YOU
- Your background is a graphic/visual education, as a graphic designer or similar
- You have at least 5 years of experience as Art Director, graphic designer or similar with a strong background in online and digital design – preferably from a Liewood comparable industry, brand, or from agency
- You are strong in both idea, concept, and execution on all platforms. You are creative and innovative
- You work in a structured way and coordinate/manage graphic projects as well as digital and printed materials
- You are a strong storyteller across platforms and understand how to engage an audience – internally & externally
- You are a distinct team player who can also take responsibility and carry out your own tasks
- You are strong at cross-platform execution, and not afraid of expanding the range of competencies
- You follow what is happening in the world, what trends are moving, and who sets the agenda in communication to different target groups
- You are a super user of InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Preferably, you have experience with Motion Graphics and/or film production
- You master English and Danish at a high professional level, both in writing and orally
- Motivated by being in the ‘eye of the hurricane’, where decisions are made, and actions are taken
- You have a strong winning mentality and fast execution ability
HOW TO APPLY
The selection process for this position is handled by Stanton Chase. We kindly ask that you send your application and portfolio to email@example.com titled: AD-Liewood. Should you experience any technical issues, please contact Cecilie Schultz: firstname.lastname@example.org