WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED SENIOR BUYER TO JOIN OUR BUYING & PRODUCTION TEAM. YOU WILL BE A PART OF A FAST-GROWING GLOBAL BRAND, AND A DYNAMIC TEAM POWERED BY AMBITION, PASSION FOR DESIGN AND STRONG BUSINESS ACUMEN.
You will work closely with design, sales, and warehouse and not least our suppliers, as you know that the suppliers are important partners. As a person, you are detail-oriented, structured, and analytical. You are a team player and at the same time work well with independent work. It is important that you constantly think in proactive solutions and can keep the cool overview in a busy everyday life. The collaboration with our suppliers is incredibly important with us and you must therefore be passionate about developing relationships while at the same time basing your decisions on good business acumen.
You will be working from the LIEWOOD head office in Copenhagen and report to the Director of Buying, Sourcing and Production
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Price negotiations with suppliers
- Sourcing of new fabrics and materials
- Ensure necessary tests and certifications of our products
- Placement of all orders with suppliers
- Handling of order and sample follow-up with suppliers
- Strong communication with all stakeholders
- Quality assurance and commenting of samples in close collaboration with Design
- Quality assurance of all goods arriving at the warehouse
- Responsible for freight negotiation and planning
- Responsible for customs clearance of goods
- Responsible for implementation of new procurement processes and procurement systems
- Preparation of washing instructions and warning marking
- Creation of goods in purchasing systems, etc.
- Update of all internal order, delivery and calculation overviews
- Building and maintaining a strong supplier network
- Participation in supplier meetings and visits
- There will be possibility to grow and to potentially lead your own team
Does this sound like you?
- An education within Purchasing
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience from a similar position - preferably in a children's, interior or textile company
- Experience with CE certifications and warnings on, for example, toys and other children's products
- An understanding of numbers on a high level
- Experience with customs clearance and shipping
- High English and Danish skills in writing and speaking
- A good overview, are efficient and optimizing
- An interest in children's interiors and keep an eye on trends and tendencies in the industry
- Sense of good merchandising & negotiations
- High demands on the product and your partners
- A team player yet with an independent working style
- Results-oriented and have a solid business understanding
- Detail-oriented, structured, and analytical
- Experienced IT user and user of the office suite
- A positive, helpful and a good colleague
LIEWOOD is an international kids' lifestyle brand designing and producing accessories, interior and selected clothing for babies and children. LIEWOOD products are created with a sustainable mindset - from design and functionality to carefully selected materials such as organic cotton, recycled polyester, wood, and silicone, following the highest quality standards.
LIEWOOD is a dynamic, design-driven, and highly commercial company in rapid growth - founded in 2015 by Anne Marie Lie Norvig with the desire and commitment to create a unique kid's lifestyle brand focusing on functionality, esthetics, and sustainability. LIEWOOD is based in Copenhagen, and our universe is deeply rooted in the Nordic design tradition.
How to Apply
The position is to be filled as soon as possible. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mark your application ‘Senior Buyer’
- For questions regarding the position, please contact Claudio Ammendola, Director of Buying, Sourcing and Production on email@example.com